We currently have a vacancy for Senior Care Assistants to work within an in-house bank agency across 17 care and nursing homes in Shropshire, the Wirral and Chesire.
The role will involve working within a care team as well as under your own initiative. Leading a shift, managing medication, undertaking audits and checks as well as liaising with professionals e.g G.P's.
Ideally, applicants will have recent experience of caring for people, preferably elderly in a health, social care or voluntary setting. Must have NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need
- To administer prescribed medication to residents following the home’s policy and procedure
- To lead, motivate and support care staff
- To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences
- To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Physiotherapy, Hospitals, etc.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.