As an Activities Co-ordinator, you will be closely supporting the residents to live well, our residents deserve to be supported by someone who can share the next chapter in their life and make a real difference.
An Activities Co-ordinator is one of our most essential roles and involves:
- Creating, organising and offering a range of activities to our residents.
- Working with our care staff to encourage customers to take part in organised activities and provide one to one support.
- Supporting our residents to maintain their daily living skills.
- Organising outings to appropriate venues, including liaising with other homes, organising the transport and catering.
- Advertising events externally and in the home with the support of the team around you.
- Working with our residents to offer choices of group or one to one activities, identifying their likes and dislikes.
- Keeping clear and accurate computerised records of the support provided.
- Supporting residents in order to improve health and wellbeing in order to maintain contact with family and friends e.g. skype, internet.
- Collating, developing and reviewing a social history/background record of likes and dislikes of our customers, referring to them when creating activities.
- Working with the team around you to raise any concerns you have regarding our residents.
Basic Skills Requirements
- Outgoing persuasive personality
- Experience with dementia care or care home environment
- Good communication skills
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.