Our client in Norfolk are looking for a full time Cook to join their friendly team. The home places great emphasis on the excellence of its food and overall dining experience.
What you'll be doing
• Preparing all meals paying consideration to any special dietary needs and individual requests.
• Developing a positive relationship with our residents, staff and visitors and regularly seeking feedback from them to continually improve the service we offer
• Preparing food orders complying with procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and control, ensuring good quality provisions are purchased within agreed budget limits.
• Supervising and directing the work of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
• Understanding the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
• Preparing and overseeing the kitchen cleaning rota, ensuring the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
• Understanding personal responsibilities in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Acts and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area.
• Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
• Attending staff meetings and training sessions as required.
• Working safely within the home’s Policies and Procedures.
What you’ll need
• Have catering experience, preferably in a commercial environment.
• Hold Basic Food Hygiene Certificate and demonstrates high standards of personal hygiene.
• Be a team player with a 'Can-do' attitude
What they'll offer you in return
• A competitive salary
• Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
• Competitively priced staff accommodation next to the care home
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.