Our client is a specialist school and residential service based in Cambridgeshire. The school supports children and young people aged 6 to 19 years who have highly complex learning difficulties. These may be as a result of conditions such as cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, degenerative conditions or autism. The Residential Service supports a living and leaning environment for young adults aged 19 and over who have severe and profound learning difficulties. You will be working with people with multiple disabilities, who may have sensory and physical impairments. They are seeking Support Workers due to ongoing recruitment needs.
- £17,055.00 to £19,713.00 per annum, depending on experience
- Experience is preferred
- Contracted hours per week, minimum 39 (52 weeks)
- Additional hours available
- Mixture of shifts available
- The client will assist successful candidates with accommodation for the duration of their employment. Starting dates vary, subject to availability. Accommodation on site will be at £274.00 per month inclusive of bills.
- Nearest airports are London Luton and London Stansted.
- Successful candidates will be collected from the airport and reimbursed the cost of their flight after 6 months continuous employment (up to £150.00).
Training and Development
All SW staff will undergo the following training within the first 6 months of employment:
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
- First Aid
- Mental Capacity
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Basic Feeding
- Medication Administration
- Equality & Diversity
There will be opportunity to undergo more specialist courses during the employment.
- Pension Scheme
- Car Parking
- Occupational Health Service
- Training & Development
- Sick Pay
- Special Leave
- Long Service Award
Job Description and Person Specification
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.