As a Band 5 Staff Nurse you will be required to provide and supervise the delivery of high quality nursing care to patients in accordance with up to date, evidence-based professional practice and the Company’s policies and procedures. Working in a team with all hospital staff, you will keep patients personal care plans up to date to ensure all staff understand a patient’s care needs and preferences always.
- Plan the delivery of patient care and take responsibility for implementing and evaluating that care, using an appropriate nursing model.
- To provide advice and education to patients, staff and learners within the directorate as required. To develop communication networks across specialities and throughout the multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to prioritise their own workload and of those working with them such as learners and Healthcare Assistants. When in charge of the ward know how to delegate what staff to what duties and ensure the smooth running of the ward.
- Know how to impart news of a distressing nature to patients and relatives.
- Carry out nursing care to the highest possible standard according to Trust Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of policies and guidance related to for example: infection control, hygiene and individualised patient needs.
- To administer patient medication according to Trust Policy, this includes the administration of intravenous medication.
*Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post*
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.