Our client in Cambridgeshire are actively looking for Support Workers to join their team in the Therapeutic Campus!
As a Support Worker you will be working with individuals providing practical and emotional support. You would be required to work in a team to provide high quality, professional service that enables individuals to achieve their aspirations and life goals through support and empowerment.
The level of support will vary from daily living skills, personal care, travelling, teaching of independent life skills to assistance with accessing community based activities such as going to college, work placements, swimming and other social and leisure activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• The ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances.
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a committed team.
• Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves
• An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
• A good standard of written and verbal communication in English
• Experience of working in a team
• Good sense of humour
• Calm and even tempered
• Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• To have a commitment to and an understanding of the care industry
• A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
• Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times
• Understanding of maintaining the appropriate levels of confidentiality at all times
• Accommodation sourced and provided for 4 weeks at no cost to you
• Training and Development Provided
• Closest airports are Luton and Stansted!
• Only 20 minutes away from Bedford!
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.