Our client based in Norwich are currently looking for an experienced Senior Healthcare Assistant!
The same as a Care Assistant, but with the additional duties of front line supervision and monitoring of Care Assistants. As a Senior Care Assistant you will be in charge of a shift of workers and will take responsibility for the smooth running of the service whilst they are on duty. You will respond to emergencies and provide guidance and support to Care Assistants under the supervision of qualified Nursing Staff. You will also participate in staff induction as and when required, promote safe working practice at the Home and ensure that all commodities used in and around the Home are sensibly conserved by staff e.g. monitoring the usage of incontinence aids, wipes etc.
You will support individual and group based activities and will promote independence and choice for the residents. Working in a team with all care home staff, you will keep residents’ personal care plans up to date to ensure all staff understand a resident’s care needs and preferences always.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• The ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a committed team
• Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves
• An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
• Previous experience in similar role is required
• Calm and even tempered
• Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• To have a commitment to and an understanding of the care industry
• A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents
• Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times
• A good standard of written and verbal communication in English
• Leadership Skills
• Accommodation Provided
• Training Provided
• Overtime Available
• Closest airport is Norwich
• NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.