Our client based in the beautiful county of Devon is currently looking for a professional Health Care Assistant!
Main purpose of a career as a Health Care Assistant; your role is to attend to our resident’s personal care, from getting residents ready for the day ahead to helping with meal times. You will make sure all their physical and emotional needs are met in a way that’s caring, kind and respectful. In time, you will get to know our residents individually and their families/friends so you can find out how a resident likes to do things. They might enjoy reading the daily newspaper with a cup of tea every day at 10 am! It will be your job to know what keeps our residents happy.
You will support individual and group based activities and will promote independence and choice for our residents. Working in a team with all care home staff, you will keep residents’ personal care plans up to date to ensure all staff understand a resident’s care needs and preferences always.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• The ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a committed team
• Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves
• An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
• Calm and even tempered
• Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• To have a commitment to and an understanding of the care industry
• A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents
• Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times
• A good standard of written and verbal communication in English
• Accommodation provided at approx. £388 per month
• Training Provided
• Closest airport is Exeter or Bristol
• Overtime Available
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.