A day and residential further education college, supporting young people with autistic spectrum conditions including Asperger’s syndrome, social and emotional difficulties, anxiety disorders and mental health needs. Our client's focus is on developing skills to lead to employment, further and higher education.
As a Support Worker you will be working with individuals aged 16 to 25 years of age, providing practical and emotional support. You would be required to work in a team to provide high quality, professional service that enables individuals to achieve their aspirations and life goals through support and empowerment.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• The ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances.
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a committed team.
• Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves
• An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
• A good standard of written and verbal communication in English
• Experience of working in a team
• Good sense of humour
• Calm and even tempered
• Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
• To have a commitment to and an understanding of the care industry
• A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
• Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times
• Understanding of maintaining the appropriate levels of confidentiality at all times
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Onsite accommodation available for £200 per month (including bills)
• 42 hours per week
• Mixture of shifts
• Closest airport is in Bournemouth or Southampton!
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.