Our client in Reading is currently seeking Domiciliary Care Assistant!
Domiciliary care is delivered to people who still live in their own homes but who require additional support with personal care, domestic tasks or any other activity that permits them to uphold their independence and quality of life. Any person, at any stage of life could require domiciliary care including those with mental health problems, learning disabilities, physical disabilities or sensory impairment.
As a domiciliary care worker you will be an essential part of their daily routine and the person you are assisting is relying on you to maintain their independence. You will be visiting people in their own homes to support them with some personal care, household tasks and occasionally accompanying the user on visits such as to the doctor or hospital. There are also domiciliary care workers that work nights offering assistance to clients who require around the clock care. Driving License for this role is essential.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
- The passion to really make a difference to someone’s life
- Previous experience is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves
- A compassionate nature and good communication skills
- Willingness to undertake training to ensure a full understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong and professional relationships
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, effortlessly and without noticeable concern.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to make common sense decisions at short notice and in emergency situations.
- • Accommodation provided at approx. £300 - £400 per month
- • Training Provided
- • Overtime Available
- • Only 25 minutes away from London and 52 minutes from Heathrow Airport
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.