Summary of role
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.
- £8.15 per hour
- 40 hours per week - GUARANTEED
- Overtime available
- Full training provided and paid for
- Accommodation provided in a town location (between £300-400 PCM)
- Confidence driving licenses provided
- Car provided at no additional cost (including business insurance, business fuel and repairs)
- To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
- To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
- To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
- To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
- To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities.
- To adhere to all the Company's policies and procedures at all times.
- To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
- To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible.
- B1 level of English or equivalent
- Driving License (Category B)
- Caring & sensitive to the needs of others
- Self motivated & well organised
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Police check from country of origin & DBS check
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is committed to providing all applicants with equal access to our information. If you require any adjustments to the application of positions, please call us on 01752 237637 or via email, email@example.com. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.