We are seeking a Learning Support Assistants on behalf our client to join our remarkable multi-disciplinary team at an independent school and children's home in Bristol, aged 6 to 19 years with SEN.
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 39.4 weeks worked, 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance, 6 weeks unpaid
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction.
- Support the class by working with individual pupils or small groups, with primary responsibility for an allocated pupil.
- You will have a keen interest and skills in supporting pupils’ learning across our broad curriculum; in the classroom, in craft workshops (green woodwork, pottery and handwork), in the swimming pool, outdoors in our school grounds and within our local community.
- You will have a good level of fitness and have a resilience to face challenges and challenging behaviour (experience preferred).
- Experience with learning disabled children or young adults would be a distinct advantage.
- Level 2 English and Maths Qualifications (C or above).
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.