We are seeking a newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist on behalf our client to join our remarkable therapy team at a day and residential college in Dorset. They can offer full support and additional training for this role, giving the successful applicant an amazing stepping stone in to the world of therapy.
The main purpose of the role:
To work as a Speech and Language Therapist as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the therapy service. The post holder is required to provide a high standard of speech and language therapy assessment and intervention to children and young people, including advice and training to relevant parents, carers and professionals in line with proposed treatment plans.
- To be a registered member of RCSLT and HCPC.
- To hold a professional Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in supporting students with social communication difficulties using a Social Thinking framework (or similar) is beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Experience in working with young people with autistic spectrum conditions including Asperger’s syndrome, social and emotional difficulties, anxiety disorders and mental health needs is beneficial
- Experience in implementing a wide range of approaches in supporting young people with social communication difficulties is beneficial
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.