Job Title: Dual Site Clinical Psychologist
Overview:Dual Site Clinical Psychologist
Location: Berkley, South Gloucestershire and Cranborne, Dorset
Salary: £40,000 FTE
Hours: 40 hours per week (there is an element of flexibility with how these hours are split)- 40 weeks a year.
A rare and exciting opportunity for a qualified Clinical Psychologist to support two exceptional schools for young people aged 11-16 with ASC & SEMH. Supporting each school equally this interesting role involves regular travel to each site as well as opportunity to work from home. The ability to multi task whilst supporting a range of students and their staff teams is a must.
Our client is a brand new school that is opening in September 2021! Based in Berkeley, Gloucestershire it will be a bespoke and modern school offering exceptional support to SEMH students. The dual site is located in Dorset.
To be a true advocate of the school’s Integrated Therapeutic Approach whereby therapists are a core member of the school staff team, working dynamically and systemically to support the education team so they can respond to young people’s communication and behaviour to reduce reliance on staff or other adults.
Successful candidate qualities:
- Post graduate qualification in psychology (or equivalent)
- Registered and accredited with Health & Care Profession Council (HCPC) as a practitioner psychologist.
- Experience of working directly and indirectly with young people with Autism, severe communication difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, including physical and sensory needs.
- Complex mental health needs including: SEMH, ASD, ADHD and learning difficulties.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to promote the dignity and individuality of children and young people by encouraging effective communication, making choices and reducing support needs
- Able to deal calmly with situations that arise
- Attitudes that value with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities as individuals with a right to be treated with respect
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.