We are recruiting for an Opthalmologist on behalf of a leading Eye & Ear Hospital in the Rep. of Ireland.
An Ophthalmic Physician is a doctor who works in an outpatient setting treating a variety of medical eye disease.
To be eligible for registration as a medical ophthalmologist/ophthalmic physician with the Irish Medical Council, doctors must have undergone a five-year basic medical degree, one year at intern grade followed by a minimum of three years of basic specialist training and a minimum of two years’ experience at ophthalmology registrar grade. Many candidates will also undergo a subspecialist fellowship (1–2 years). Candidates must have possess the Diploma in Ophthalmology of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ireland or a professional qualification at least equivalent to this (e.g. EBOD, FRCOphth; American Board of Ophthalmology Exams, FRANZCO).
The salary scale for this post is €92,831 - €97,037 per annum, full-time post only (40 hours per week).
Successful candidates must:
1) Be eligible for specialist registration in the specialty of ophthalmology with the Irish Medical Council
2) Provide satisfactory references (independently sought) from three referees, one of whom should be a current employer/supervisor.
3) Satisfactory police clearance indicating there are no previous or pending criminal convictions.
4) IELTs exam (if applicable).
5) Visa/Work Permit eligibility (if applicable).
Our vacancies are available in the areas of (1) Medical Ophthalmology (2) Diabetic Retinopathy.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo vetting and compliance checks by the Employment Agency and enhanced checks by the Client including a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Pearls International Recruitment Agency is acting as an Employment Agency for the supply of permanent workers and is an Equal Opportunities Employment Agency. Please note that Pearls International Recruitment Agency’s preferred choice of contact is email, if applying for a vacancy please regularly check your emails.